How Do I Dispute the Accuracy of a Report?

If you already have a copy of your report and you believe that any information in your consumer report contains inaccurate information or is incomplete, you may file a dispute with SambaSafety for free by completing, printing, and submitting the SambaSafety Notice of Consumer Dispute Form. The dispute investigation process may take up to 30 days, depending on the nature, scope and source of the information being disputed.

Your company told Lyft not to approve me.

SambaSafety is not involved in the approval on the Lyft Platform.  Here is the Lyft’s customer support page:  https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Why do I need to provide a copy of my driver’s license?

We do everything we can to ensure that your personal information is protected so we need to proof your identity before we send any of your information out.  To avoid any delays, make sure that you submit a CLEAR copy of your driver’s license.

How long will it take before I hear anything about my request or dispute?

All consumer requests and dispute are answered in the order that they are received.  A request for a copy of your driving record will be answered within 5 business days and disputes will be answered within 30 days.  The requests for a copy of your driving record and/or the results of your dispute will be mailed to the address that is listed on the Consumer Request or Dispute form you submitted.

Why can’t you discuss my driving record over the phone?

It is our responsibility to protect your personal information.  If you would like a copy of your driving record, you must complete the Consumer Request form and submit a clear copy of your driver’s license.  We will answer your request within 5 business days and will mail your driving record to the address you listed on the request form.

Can I send my request or dispute via email?

No, email is not a secure means of submitting your request or dispute and there is a good possibility that personal information will be comprised.  You now can click on the secure links above, and submit your Consumer Dispute electronically along with all requested information/documentation.

My driving record shows that I had an accident but it wasn’t my fault.

Our procedure is to obtain your motor vehicle record from the department of motor vehicle and provide the information to the company requesting the report.  MVRs are maintained by the department of motor vehicles. If you feel that the DMV records are inaccurate, you will need to contact the motor vehicle department directly to look into possible errors or explanations.

How Do I Request a Free Copy of My Report?

You may request at any time a free copy of your report previously prepared by SambaSafety, and/or your active database files maintained on you by SambaSafety, by completing, printing, and submitting the SambaSafety Consumer Report Request Form.

SambaSafety will only have your report if requested by one of its client companies with whom you have applied.

SambaSafety Notice of Consumer Dispute Form Instructions

To help SambaSafety process your request and/or investigate your dispute as quickly as possible, please complete the following steps:

  1. Click on the appropriate link above.
  2. Complete the SambaSafety Consumer Notice of Consumer Dispute or the SambaSafety Notice of Consumer Report Request that follows;
  3. Upload a current copy of your driver’s license and any supporting documentation

You will be asked to:

  1. Provide your identifying and contact information, which will be used by SambaSafety for purposes of authenticating your identity and protecting your privacy;
  2. Identify the information you are disputing;
  3. Give us permission to send the result to you via email.
  4. Your request or dispute will be sent to the SambaSafety Department for processing upon submitted the form

SambaSafety will promptly investigate the specific information that you are disputing. SambaSafety also has trained customer service representatives who can work with you if you need assistance regarding your dispute.

Click here for the SambaSafety Notice of Consumer Dispute Consumer Form.


Additional Information

Summary of Your Rights under the FCRA

For California consumers: Summary of your rights under California law
(Spanish version) Derechos del Consumidor de California

If you believe you are the victim of identity theft, a copy of the FTC’s publication “Remedying the Effects of Identity Theft” may be found directly at: Remedying the Effects of Identity Theft